Clothing is an expression of your personality and no one is better at being you than you are. Embrace your body and build your confidence all at the same time by personalizing your own clothes with embroidery. Knitwear, stretch fabrics, and sheer fabrics need a stabilizer because it prevents the fabric from overstretching or puckering. This Wash-Away Stabilizer from Madeira is the perfect option to tackle those slippy fabrics.
How to Use The Wash-Away Stabilizer
- Trace your pattern directly onto the stabilizer. I use a Heat Erasable Pen
- After separating the embroidery hoop place the inner hoop on a solid flat surface.
- Lay your fabric on top of the hoop and then lay the stabilizer over the top of your fabric
- It is recommended that you use a few pins to keep the fabric from moving underneath the stabilizer in place but it is not always essential.
- Place the outer hoop over the top and stitch away.
- Once you have finished your embroidery simply put the fabric into some cool water and gently rub the stabilizer away.
You can see a quick video on social media to see how this Wash-Away Stabilizer works